Finally, it’s October.
I’m lucky to live in a place where autumn is full of cool breezes and vibrant colours. I’ve been doing my best to get out and enjoy it, before the leaves fall and the snow arrives. It’s difficult to tamp down the anxiety enough to actually go outside.
But I’m trying.
We celebrated Thanksgiving last weekend, so in that spirit, I wanted to make a list of things I am grateful for right now.
- Most of all, I am thankful for my daughter. As her birthday approaches, I am reminded just how blessed I am to be her mother.
- Being able to enjoy and appreciate the colours of the leaves.
- Curling up under a fuzzy blanket with a pile of books.
- Trying different flavours of coffee and tea (even though I tend to stick with my favourites).
- Movie nights cuddled up with my daughter.
- Checking out different places to go for a walk and take pictures.
- My friends and family. Even though I isolate myself, I know that I am loved.
- Last, I am grateful for the gift of writing.
Thank you for reading. May October be a calm, steady breath in our lives.